We all love to watch anime movies. These movies are full of fun, comedy, and action. But sometimes, we also like to watch sad anime movies. It is not always a happy thing. We have some sad moments in our lives which we always try to forget. I mean people die, come back to life, friends betray each other and what not. Let us move on to the list of sad anime quotes that we have searched for you guys.
From the moment when Goku was trying to help his new friend, Kuririn from being crushed. He tried to hold the falling boulder but was unable to do so. Later, he realized that he had become much stronger than before to the moment when Luffy was standing on the bridge of Marineford and asked all of his friends to move forward and fight for their dream.
There are times when we are watching our favorite anime and we are laughing our hearts out and then suddenly a character dies. Some notable anime series like FMA, Naruto, and One Piece have had some really sad moments in it.
There are other sad moments in anime but these are the best sad quotes that can touch your heart. If you want, you can watch some of these movies again to get the same feelings that you had when you watched it for the first time.
10. “I’d rather have my physical pain exceed my mental pain than the other way around. By hurting myself just enough, I could turn my attention to that.” – Kusunoki
This quote comes from the anime Eromanga Sensei. This is the quote of a character going through a rough time in her life. She tried to cope by doing something she knew would hurt her but help her in the long run. If you are going through a rough time, try to find an outlet for your problems instead of holding it in and letting it grow.
9. “If you don’t like how things turned out, then try to change it. And then if it still doesn’t work out, that’s when you can be depressed.” – Nanana Ryuugajou
Nanana Ryuugajou is one of the characters from the anime series Nanana’s Buried Treasure. This quote is one of her speaking about how much she hates being depressed because she feels like it gives those around her power over her emotions which makes her feel helpless when she is depressed and sad which makes her hate being depressed even more because she feels powerless when she is sad or upset about something or someone and that someone or something is not at fault for how you feel because they did not expect you to be so upset over them or whatever they did that made you believe they were at fault for your emotions even though they were not.
8. “The scariest thing about killing people is getting used to it! When you kill someone and realize you won’t be punished… That’s when people forget all about punishment.” – Rentaro Satomi
This quote is from the anime Black Bullet which is about a world infested with monsters called Gastrea. The character Rentaro Satomi is talking about how when people kill that they become desensitized to it so they go on killing without thinking of the consequences of their actions.
7. “It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.” – Shiori Misaka
Shiori Misaka is one of the characters from the anime series Kanon. This quote is when she is talking to her friend Saten Ruiko who was with her during a time of depression and she was basically telling her to tell her if she was feeling depressed so that she would not have to worry about it.
6. “The past makes you wanna die out of regret and the future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.” – Hachiman Hikigaya
Hachiman Hikigaya is one of the main characters from My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU and he says this quote in an effort to convince Yui Yuigahama that now is a great time to live your life because regretting something in your past or worrying about something in your future will cause you to be unhappy but living in the present will give you happiness because you are not worried about things that have happened or might happen and that alone can make you happy even if nothing else does.
5. “The thing I wished for destroyed my whole family. I brought all this suffering down on my family because I made a wish for my dad without knowing what he really wanted.” – Kyoko Sakura
Kyoko Sakura’s father died early on in life and then after she got older, becoming an elementary school teacher, she wanted him back so bad that one night she wished for it with all her might. This wish made her father return to life but he was not the same man that died. He was now like a zombie and only lived because of the wish she made for him to be alive again and because of this wish, he attacked his family.
4. “Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. Even soul reapers die. It’s the arch of the universe. Everything that comes to life eventually ceases to exist.” – Baraggan Louisenbairn
This quote is from the anime Bleach, and it is a quote that Baraggan Louisenbairn said when he was talking to Ichigo Kurosaki. This quote is basically the definition of life. Everything eventually dies. Death will come for you, you just have to try not to think about it all the time or you will never be able to enjoy your life at all because you will always be worried about death and how it might come for you.
3. “I wish people who say: “I’d rather die” would actually die before they say it. So that they’ll know how I feel.” – Subaru Natsuki
This is from Re:Zero and this is a quote from Subaru Natsuki who had the misfortune of being teleported to a fantasy world where he was killed by a witch and when he was brought back, he lost all of his memories. He had to live through the same day multiple times and eventually became immortal as a result.
2. “Cry when you’re sad. Laugh when you’re happy. Get angry when you don’t like something. Depend on someone when you’re depressed. Care for yourself before you care for others. Don’t hate anyone. Be proud of yourself. Stay loyal when you fall in love.” – Otonashi Maria
This is from The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria and this is a quote from Otonashi Maria who was a girl that died when she was young because of a traffic accident. She has been in Heaven since then and has to watch the people she knew die on Earth.
1. “It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.” – Shiori Misaka
This is from Kanon and this is a quote from Shiori Misaka who is a girl that thinks negatively about everything in life. She claims that all of the things that are supposed to make her happy will eventually lead to her suffering and if they don’t, they will just disappear.
lt is meaningful because it shows that he does not want to see people that he loves die.