While most of the time, you are watching a dubbed anime and not the original, it is essential that you know some Japanese words.
There are many anime quotes that are written in Japanese and in order to understand these quotes, you need to know the meaning of these words. In this article, I am going to share with you the list of the best anime quotes in Japanese. So, without any delay, let’s jump in.
Some animes such as Death Note, Code Geass, and Full Metal Alchemist conveys a more meaningful message when you can understand the Japanese language. So, if you are looking to learn the Japanese language then you can use anime as your inspiration.
10. 大丈夫、僕、最強だから (“Don’t Worry, I’m the strongest.”) – Satoru Gojo
Satoru Gojo is a character from the manga series called “Jujutsu Kaisen”. In this quote, he says that he is invincible and will always be the strongest. If you think that you can never surpass your own limits, then this quote is perfect for you. You should never give up because there is always something to learn from all of your mistakes and failures.
9. 女の趣味がつまらん奴はソイツ自身もつまらん (“A guy with no tastes in a woman is defined as a boring man”) – Aoi Todo
Aoi Todo is an interesting character in “Jujutsu Kaisen”. This quote is something that I heard from one of my friends. He said that if you do not have any interests, then you are not interesting. So, if you do not find anything around you interesting, then it means that you are boring.
8. 戦え！！戦うんだよ！！勝てなきゃ・・・・死ぬ・・・・・勝てば生きる・・・戦わなければ勝てない・・・ (“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win!”) – Eren Jaeger
This is one of the most memorable quotes from Attack on Titan. Eren Jaeger explains that if you are going to fight, then you have to be prepared for your life chances and that if you don’t fight, then someone else will win. This quote is perfect for people who are really lazy and don’t like to work hard. It could also be used to describe someone who runs away from their problems instead of facing them.
7. 死ぬ時は独りだよ (“You’re alone when you die.”) – Satoru Gojo
Satoru Gojo from “Jujutsu Kaisen” says this quote when he starts thinking about death and it scares him. He starts saying that he is alone when he dies. This quote can be used when you are afraid of something that is coming and you feel like you are all alone.
6. 生き様で後悔したくない (“I don’t want to regret the way I lived”) – Yuji Itadori
Yuji Itadori from “Jujutsu Kaisen” says this quote when his older sister asks him if he regrets becoming a doctor. He says that he does not want to live his life with regrets because that means that it was not worth living. Everyone has regrets in their life, but it is important to look at them as lessons learned so we will not make the same mistakes in the future.
5. そうだ、誰かを助けたいという願いが綺麗だったから憧れた。故に、自身から零れ落ちた気持ちなどない。これを偽善と言わず何と言う！？ (“Fighting for others, but not yourself, is nothing but hypocrisy.”) – Archer
Archer from the series “Fate/stay night” is a character that has been fighting for others for his entire life. This quote is what he says when he realizes that he is nothing but a hypocrite. He has been helping people, so he thought that he was better than all of them and felt pity for them. If you are not fighting for yourself, then you are not doing anything and this quote can be used to remind you of what you are doing in life.
4. 何があっても、私は力を尽くしていける。きっと、応援している人がいるからだよ！！ (“I can do anything with the power I have, because I’m sure there’s someone who supports me!!”) – Sayaka Miki
Sayaka Miki from “Madoka Magica” says this quote when she tries to be more confident about herself after meeting Madoka. She decides to be more positive and support those around her at all times because she knows that they will support her if she needs it. This quote can be used as motivation or just as a way to feel better about yourself and your life.
3. 自分が大事にするべきこと…それが分からなければ、人生なんて当ての無い旅だもの (“If you don’t know what you should hold dear, then your life is just a journey without a destination.”) – Hisano Kuroda
Hisano Kuroda is a character from “Jujo Jiten”. In this quote, she said that if you don’t know what you should hold dear, then your life is without a destination. If you don’t have any idea or vision of what you want to happen in the future, then your life will be just like a journey without a destination.
2. オレがあきらめるのをあきらめろ！ (“Give up! On making me give up!”) – Naruto Uzumaki
This quote is from the anime series “Naruto”. In this quote, Naruto says that he won’t give up until he defeats his enemies. He has never given up and always fought to reach his goals. If you feel like giving up on yourself, then this is the perfect quote for you.
1. 過去を悔やんでばかりでは前に進めないぞ弟よ！！(“How can you move forward if you keep regretting the past.”) – Edward Elric
Edward Elric is a character from “Full Metal Alchemist”. In this quote, he said that if you keep regretting your past, then it will be impossible to move forward to the future. If you are holding on to your regrets and failures of the past, then it will be impossible for you to succeed in the future.