There are a lot of anime quotes that are so impactful that they have become the motivation for many people around the world. We have compiled this list of the top 10 best depressed anime quotes.We all know that some people have a dark sense of humor. These anime quotes will prove that in vivid detail.
This list will give you an insight into the minds of the popular characters in famous anime series and movies, and you will understand what is going on there.
We hope you enjoy the list of 10 best depressed anime quotes below:
10. “All this time, I seriously thought that it’s better to die than to live your life alone.”-Kirito
This quote is from Sword Art Online. It was said by Kirito when he was trying to convince Asuna to stay with him in the virtual world instead of going back to her family. The truth of the matter is that most people would rather be in a virtual world than a real one if given the choice. If you are not living your life to its fullest potential, then you may as well be dead.
9. “I always, always wondered: I was born to die, so what was my reason for existing in this world?”-Yuuki Konno
This quote comes from one of the best romance anime series out there, Toradora. Yuuki Konno was a character that was written to be hated, but in the end she is actually a very likable character. She’s just misunderstood, and an outcast for having a scary face. In the end though, she finds happiness by being with the people she loves.
8. “Death isn’t kind. It’s dark and black and as far as you… As far as you can see you’re all alone. There’s no one else.”-Mei Misaki
This quote comes from Guilty Crown, but it could easily be applied to any post apocalyptic setting. It seems like every person on earth has died, and the ones that are still alive are left to survive in a world without help or hope. This is definitely one of the saddest quotes on this list, but it also shows how much courage it takes to live in such a desolate environment where death could come at any second.
7. “The scariest thing about killing people is getting used to it! When you kill someone and realize you won’t be punished… That’s when people forget all about punishment.”-Rentaro Satomi
This quote comes from the anime series Black Bullet. It’s a crime thriller, but it is also an exciting action series. The main character in this quote has gone through so much tragedy in his life that killing others has become like second nature to him. He’s become so used to killing that he doesn’t even notice anymore. He even ends up becoming a weapon of mass destruction, but he wants to find a way to get rid of his powers and start over again with his life.
6. “War is not heroic. War is not exhilarating. War is full of despair. It’s dark. It’s dreadful. It’s a thing of sorrow and gloom.”-Izuru Kira
This quote comes from the anime Code Geass, but it could just as easily be applied to real life wars as well as the Vietnam war or the war in Iraq or any war for that matter… The truth is that war is always terrible, no matter how you look at it and no matter who you are, war will always cause pain for someone.
5. “The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don’t wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.”-Jellal Fernandes
This quote comes from the anime Fairy Tail, but it could be applied to almost any character in almost any anime series… No matter how lonely or sad someone is, if they want to be happy then they have to try and make everyone else happy as well… It’s a very sad fact, but there are many people in this world that have been hurt so much in their past that they just want to help others now so that no one else will ever suffer like they did.
4. “Having happy and beautiful memories won’t always bring you salvation. The more beautiful a memory is, the more painful it can become.”-Isla
This quote comes from Sword Art Online, but it could easily be applied to reality as well… It seems like we are always striving for happiness by trying to relive our happiest memories over and over again through things like movies, music and books, but the truth is that you can never recreate happiness in your past. You can only make new memories that will eventually be forgotten as well… The path to happiness doesn’t lie in the past, but rather in the future.
3. “Why should I apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning me into one?”-Juuzou Suzuya
This quote comes from Tokyo Ghoul, but it could be applied to any anime series where there are characters with special abilities like vampires, werewolves and witches… There are many people that have been made into what they are not by their own choice, but they still go on living their lives just the same as everyone else does. They don’t need to be sorry for who they are or how they were created. They will continue to live their lives as best as they can because that’s all that really matters in the end… People who apologize for being a monster actually make themselves seem even more inhuman than those who don’t.
2. “I don’t have any goals for the future. So long as I can get out of my home and far away, I don’t care.”-Yuugo Hachikzen
This quote comes from the anime series Silver Spoon. It’s a story about a boy who’s trying to figure out what he wants to do with his life. He joins an agricultural school because it’s the only place that will accept him, but he ends up liking it there so much that he wants to stay… Just as long as he can get away from home and his past though… This quote could be applied to anyone in the world though, because we all go through those times in our lives where we just want to escape everything and run as far away as we can.
1. “If you aren’t remembered, you never existed.” – Mizuki Alice
This quote comes from Kokoro Connect, but I believe it applies to almost anything in life… We all want to make an impact on this world and be remembered for our accomplishments so that we will never be forgotten… But if we don’t succeed in making an impact on this world then no one will ever know about us or remember our names.